Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cranes on the Ceiling

This is so easy, there almost doesn't seem to be any point in writing about it, but I thought as this is my first tutorial I should keep things simple.

You will need:
Thread (preferably white), scissors and a needle (as long as possible),

2 things on your ceiling to attach stuff to (I used my light and this weird hook thing I used to have a swinging chair hanging from), and

Origami cranes! (as many as you like)

A ladder is also probably useful, although if you're really tall or good at jumping you could probably do without...

I simply got a long piece of thread, tied it to my light fitting and the weird hook thing on my ceiling then cut a load of smaller pieces of thread and sewed one to the top body bit of each crane. Finally, I tied each one to the bit of thread between the hook and light, trying to at least vaguely evenly space them.

Simples *Terrible meercat impression*

It took me about an hour and a half, but that was working slowly with regular breaks to dance like a crazy person when a song I like came on...

Also, if any of you have ideas for crane-related crafts, please feel free to make suggestions - I have 171 to do stuff with!

Thanks for reading!

I'm listening to: Superman by Joe Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment